Search the forum,

Discuss Trim advice for 7mm beveled metro tiles? in the DIY Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

W

WetSaw

You don't want to end up with this... FB_IMG_1504943161547.jpg

E

europa

8mm trim
Round or square.... Personal decision, but I prefer round.
Is that the 1/4" round profiles? And is "square" the same as what many call straight?

Given i will have a window board (rather than tiled sill), i start to wonder whether i should even bother tiling into the reveal. Is it recommended even when not tiling bottom of reveal? Note: window is above a sink.

Andy Allen

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Square, straight.. All the same.
No idea on the profile of round edge... Just get 8mm.....it will all be roughly the same as any other 8mm trim.
Definitely tile in the reveal even if fitting a window board or it would look pants imo...

F

Flintstone

I always trim the top as well as the edge and always with a square trim but as the lads have said, it's only a personal choice really. 8mm trim

E

europa

Should the brick-bond pattern be continued into the reveal, or does that not matter if using trims?
And, at the end where you start tiling, do you start with 1/4 3/4 cuts (so that both ends have cuts) and terminate both ends with a vertical trim?

Bond

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Aye continue bonding into window reveal, looks bad if you just stack at the reveal.
If the setting out works that way, that would be ideal.

Tony73

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Your tiler should be able to do setting out. I usually mark centre line of the cocker and see what will have on both ends of wall (don't really want small cut). When you tile return wall, on internal corner you want full tile module ( or close). I am sure your tiler will work it out. Good luck!

E

europa

Just thought I'd post a pic of the finished product. I decided to trim the exposed tops too, and I'm actually glad i did. Thanks for the all the help, guys!

20170916_143436.jpg

Reply to Trim advice for 7mm beveled metro tiles? in the DIY Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all, I've laid some Arditex NA over the kitchen floor area (not under cabinets. The area is...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm new to the forum and fairly new to tiling, my only previous "proper" job was my recent...
Replies
Views
Hello, I'm just a home owner who doesn't have much experience with tiling but I'm looking for...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen