Currently reading:
top row of tiles leave uneven gap by ceiling

Search the forum,

Discuss top row of tiles leave uneven gap by ceiling in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

B

bubblebobble

Hi, is the runout on the ceiling edge really 12.5 to 50mm ? (1/2 -2 inches).
Looks like the tiling is level, but hard to see actually.

If it were me I wouldve gauged it our so I could have cut to the ceiling; that wouldve disguised the ceiling level quite a bit. Also because your using spots it tends to draw the eye away from the uppermost areas of the room again disguising it even more.

Options I would consider in order of ease are:
find a moulding to hide the gap.( same colour as ceiling of course )
Lower the ceiling; find the low point and have it battened to take up the discrepancy in the ceiling joists, reboard and skim.
That option would take less than a day easily if its no bigger than the average bathroom and shouldnt cost too much.( give the size of the bathroom and I will tell you what it should cost you )

let us know how you get on

A

albyshellshear

setting out is a tilers first job if you dont know were the last tile is going before you start then you are asking for trouble. you could take the top row of tiles off then put a border round the room then refit last row cut to the angle of the ceiling or put on pvc ceiling looks good and is cheap and easily cleaned !:thumbsup:
:iagree:i agree remove top course put in border then cut top tiles to fit to ceiling :thumbsup:

C

Colour Republic

never looked at the date but still never know :yikes: plus someone else might have this problem still usefull to pick up on what people say i am not verry computer literate i usualy need to ask my lad how it all works LMAO :mad2:

:thumbsup: sorry mate my post might have seemed as though I was having a go, i wasn't, it happens all the time and your right it does help anybody that stumbles across the thread with a few more views to reflect on

Reply to top row of tiles leave uneven gap by ceiling in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.

Advertisement

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside.