Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss Gap between the ceiling and tile in the Tiling Advice | Tile Forum area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

Reaction score
Please checkout the following advertisement.
Hi, please looking for some advice, so we had a horrible tiler leave a tiny gap between the tiles and the ceiling, I honestly don't know what to cover it with to make it look seamless. The tiler lied to us and later we found out he's never actually tiled before. Any advice will be appreciated.

Attachments

• 20230118_164124.jpg
    20230118_164124.jpg
    233.5 KB · Views: 46

eddcottee

Arms
Reaction score
Is it too big for a tidy bead of white silicone? That's all it should have had in the first place. It doesn't look like a huge gap from the pic, but I could be wrong, how big is it?

OP
P
Reaction score
Is it too big for a tidy bead of white silicone? That's all it should have had in the first place. It doesn't look like a huge gap from the pic, but I could be wrong, how big is it?
Hi I think it's about 1cm to 1.5cm. can I cut a tile that thin to fit in the space, or would it snap? I would have liked for the tile to touch the ceiling.

E

Edd The Tiler

A slither that small will look awful, and there should be a 5 to 6mm gap between tile and ceiling anyway, which should then be siliconed. I'd just put a thicker bead of silicone around the top and it will look just fine đź‘Ť

OP
P
Reaction score
A slither that small will look awful, and there should be a 5 to 6mm gap between tile and ceiling anyway, which should then be siliconed. I'd just put a thicker bead of silicone around the top and it will look just fine đź‘Ť
Thanks Edd. I will try that 👍🏾

Reaction score
I am also going to use this thing. Thanks for the solution.

Reply to Gap between the ceiling and tile in the Tiling Advice | Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmcdon47
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock