Wall and Floor Tiling Standards BS 5385 Part 1 and 2 Bristish Standards, ISO Tile Fixing Standard.

Welcome to TilersForums.com, the place to discuss all tiling standards whether British Standards in Wall and Floor Tiling, BS5385, or ISO European Standards for Tile Fixing.

Tiling Standards

Wall and Floor Tiling Standards for the UK: British Standards in Tiling.

Discuss Tiling Standards - British Standards In Wall And Floor Tiling Bs 5385 For Free in the Tiling Standards area at TilersForums.com.

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
Yeah.

Which is why I spent a bit of time on it to get what I can FOC.

I know it's a pain in the bum logging in and searching etc, but we can physically access them for free now at least. And that's a massive step for the tile industry. Because nobody else bothered beforehand. And if they did, they kept it a secret quite well!

Wishiwasatoptiler

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Northeast
Just a little thought!
With many new tilers having been on tiler training courses and many of them are hopefully members here. Wasn't reading through the BS and being instructed on its meaning and application in practice part of the course?
I can't say it was or wasn't, but it an amount of it may have been discussed during the practical's, remember people are coming from all walks of life and will be more focused on sticking the tiles to walls and all the rest that go's into it than reading about BS.

I'd have to have a look for you when I get more time matey. I'm a bit busy today.

The Newcastle Library girl I was emailing was really helpful. Use their contact form on their library website and ask how to access them. Then copy and paste her reply here! lol

Salt of the earth, girls from Newcastle.... that's a lot said from someone from SUNDERLAND.....

T

Tile Shop

Yep. It is still working.

Because its free and copywrited, you can set up an account with the library, and once they send you a card, you can log in and look at them. However, you cannot download them or copy/paste anything from the viewer. They are set up for viewing purposes only. If you need exerts [for you're own personal use], you could use something like "snipping tool" (included with windows) to grab a mini screenshot and save it as a jpeg for future reference.

T

Tile Shop

Ha Ha

Just tried getting on this morning to look at ISO 10545-12. Seems that Newcastle Library hasn't yet paid their subscription to BSI. Access Denied but hopefully this is only a temporary blip.

Anyway, trying to find out the test method the use for frost resistance. Anyone have any idea? I need to know the number of cycles and the temperature range.

I have read that the tiles are impregnated with water using a vacuum the subjected to 100 cycles from -5 to +5 degrees, but this was not taken direct from the standards and does not seem right me, as realistic temperatures will massively exceed this range.

Thanks in advance.

T

Tile Shop

Ok. Go to Home - Newcastle Libraries - https://library.newcastle.gov.uk/web/arena
Top right of the screen:
upload_2017-6-5_13-30-29.png

Pop in your details that the library sent you and log in.

Once in, top of the screen, click on "Information"
upload_2017-6-5_13-32-43.png

Scroll down the next page to British Standards Online, and click on "Access BSI British Standards"
upload_2017-6-5_13-34-38.png

And thats it. Basically what you are doing is looking at the standards using Newcastle Libraries BSI account. You don't need to enter any more usernames or passwords.

If you are already doing the above, then they have messed up your account somehow and it needs fixing, so you'll have to give them a call to sort it out.

However in doing this, still can't access the standards at the moment until they sort the subscription out.

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Tiling Standards - British Standards In Wall And Floor Tiling Bs 5385 For Free in the Tiling Standards area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Wall & Floor Tiler Queensland Australia Tile Right About the role Seeking a Wall & Floor Tiler...
Replies
Views
Just seen Rocatex on uHeat.co.uk and thought hmmm that's a new one on me. Anybody used it yet...
Replies
Views
Hi - we would very much appreciate some advice. In October 2020 we had a sole trader come in to...
Replies
Views
Add your news for free; Tiling News, Plumbing News, Electrical News What's Involved in...
Replies
Views
TilersForums.com has been online since 2006 and we've had many designs, even three forum...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB