Discuss Tiles won’t stick to bsa membrane in the Tanking and Wetrooms Forum area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

O

One Day

I think many plumbers merchants are still supplying devil's flypaper because it's simply old stock.
I've been presented with it recently and sent it back to exchange for the new one (which is better but still rubbish in my opinion)

D

Dumbo

I think many plumbers merchants are still supplying devil's flypaper because it's simply old stock.
I've been presented with it recently and sent it back to exchange for the new one (which is better but still rubbish in my opinion)
Do you not use membranes or do you use them but a better one in your opinion

widler

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
I’ve only used impey and another, (I’ve only done about 10 wet rooms )no idea which ones they were,but I most defo preferred the impey way than any other , although impey is hard work , I prefer it to paste

Krystie

TF
Reaction score
Hi guys many thanks for all your response it didn’t say with the instructions to prime the membrane on top but we primed underneath what would we prime on top with going to lift all the tiles it’s got a wet room former underneath the membrane

Krystie

TF
Reaction score
0F539B70-1F0C-4490-816C-227861E3876E.png

B

Bill

Hi guys many thanks for all your response it didn’t say with the instructions to prime the membrane on top but we primed underneath what would we prime on top with going to lift all the tiles it’s got a wet room former underneath the membrane
A tiling primer - if you are happy with the Mapei adhesive then use the mapei primer. you can buy it 1kg bottles and that is all you will need.

PRIMER G - https://www.mapei.com/gb/en/products-and-solutions/products/detail/primer-g

T

Time's Ran Out

Although primer G is an excellent product , I see no need to add another layer of any primer to a waterproof membrane. Just make sure it’s clean an dust free. IMHO the tile adhesive is meant to fix direct to the membrane.
What type of adhesive did you use 1st time round?

Reply to Tiles won’t stick to bsa membrane in the Tanking and Wetrooms Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dawz84
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks