Discuss Tiles won’t stick to bsa membrane in the Tanking and Wetrooms Forum area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

Krystie

TF
Reaction score
hi advise is needed please I’m not a professional, we installed a wet room in December
Maxxus former
Bsa membrane
Mapei flexible adhesive
Ceramic tiles
Thought we had done a good job however this week we have noticed some of the tiles are squishing water through when we lifted said tiles they don’t seem to have stuck to the mebrane what have we done wrong.

Boggs

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Pictures always help.

O

One Day

It's a bitumen membrane.
Why oh why oh why (etc etc etc) do people still install these?
Cement just doesn't like bitumen.
Underfloor heating definitely doesn't like bitumen.
Hot water makes it melt and release oil into the already weak adhesive bond.

With these membranes, if installed correctly you will achieve waterproofing. But in my experience everything on top gets ruined.

D

Dumbo

It's a bitumen membrane.
Why oh why oh why (etc etc etc) do people still install these?
Cement just doesn't like bitumen.
Underfloor heating definitely doesn't like bitumen.
Hot water makes it melt and release oil into the already weak adhesive bond.

With these membranes, if installed correctly you will achieve waterproofing. But in my experience everything on top gets ruined.
Am I right in thinking impey still have it as an option , if so why as waterguard is a far better product .

W

Waluigi

Impey used to make a Bitumin membrane. You had to limit the temp of the UFH. It’s now been superseded by waterguard.

Reply to Tiles won’t stick to bsa membrane in the Tanking and Wetrooms Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Northern Tiler
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks