Discuss Incorrect tile adhesive used in the Adhesive and Grout area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

Reaction score
I have recently laid around 30msq of porcelain floor tiles in our kitchen. The tiles have been down a few days and are absolutely rock solid. When clearing away the rubbish I’ve noticed that the wrong tile adhesive has been used. We have used Mapei floor and wall tile adhesive for ceramic and quarry tiles, C1. The tiles we have laid are porcelain.

I’ve had a look at the tiles today and they absolutely will not budge. There’s no way they can be taken up. How likely are the tiles to last?

Reaction score
do you have a picture of the bag or product you used ?. If it says it’s for floor and walls it should be fine if you laid it with an adhesive which comes in a tub pre mixed then you might have a problem but if it was powdered and mixed with water what you used will be fine!!

Reaction score
Hi, thanks for replying. I’ve attached an image of the bag that we used. It was a powdered mix but for ceramic and not porcelain tiles
0AF84F6F-B3D1-45B3-9D7B-9F1C436EA995.jpeg

Reaction score
That adhesive should be fine I’ve never seen powdered adhesive like that before that is specifically for ceramic where did you get that from ?. If what you’ve stuck feels solid I wouldn’t worry.

Reaction score
We cannot give a sensible reply without more information.
What substrate did you tile onto and what preparation method did you use?

Reply to Incorrect tile adhesive used in the Adhesive and Grout area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Apatel
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks