Discuss Tilemaster Anti Fracture Matting in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

M

MW Smith Ceramics

Hi all,

Just about to do my first job using tilemaster decoupling matting, I'm gonna give it a whirl as my supplier is now stocking this instead of Bal rapid mat.......what are your opinions on this stuff if any of you have used it ?

Many thanks

Mark

O

One Day

I've used it. I'm told it's the same as the old pci stuff. Seems very well made although prone to stretching so I'd suggest unrolling it onto the adhesive instead of trying to lay it.

M

MW Smith Ceramics

Cheers for all the feedback on this one, will drop a post in with my opinion on the stuff after I've laid it today :thumbsup:

M

MW Smith Ceramics

Used tilemaster anti fracture matting today for the first time and found it time consuming compared to my usual choice of matting which is Schluter ditra 25 .....I just didn't like the material.......ill be sticking to ditra from now on or Bal rapid mat.......:smirk:......shame as I love tilemaster adhesives

I

Ian

Used tilemaster anti fracture matting today for the first time and found it time consuming compared to my usual choice of matting which is Schluter ditra 25 .....I just didn't like the material.......ill be sticking to ditra from now on or Bal rapid mat.......:smirk:......shame as I love tilemaster adhesives
What was it that made it time consuming, compared to ditra?

M

MW Smith Ceramics

Bal rapid matt is the same ...nearly.
I disagree with that......the Bal rapid mat is abit firmer and easier to handle as is Schluter......and easier to cut......this stuff was like a thin roll of carpet.....just a pain to work with.......oh well just not for me.............

Reply to Tilemaster Anti Fracture Matting in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi everyone I am building my own house and now I'm ready to tile the floor downstairs. I have...
Replies
Views
Hello, Hopefully someone can advise as I'm confused when it comes to choosing correct adhesive...
Replies
Views
Hi folks, We're having our downstairs tiles installed soon, about 82m2 of 1.2x1.2m square...
Replies
Views
Hi, I am planning on tiling my concrete garage floor with porcelain tiles. The concrete was laid...
Replies
Views
Hi all. This isn’t a sob story, just an unfortunate truth I have stretched myself to in inch...
Replies
Views
This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

Replies you've not seen

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Teejay