Search the forum,

Discuss Tilemaster Anti Fracture Matting in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

M

MW Smith Ceramics

Bal rapid matt is the same ...nearly.
I disagree with that......the Bal rapid mat is abit firmer and easier to handle as is Schluter......and easier to cut......this stuff was like a thin roll of carpet.....just a pain to work with.......oh well just not for me.............

I

Ian

Tot

Totally different material in my opinion Lee........
Yeah it's a very different material, I agree. I didn't find it particularly difficult to fit compared to the BAL mat but, the BAL mat is definitely stiffer (I think it has a mesh of some sort in it doesn't it?). Seems a decent product, I'll know a bit more when I start tiling on it tomorrow. So far so good.
image.jpeg

M

MW Smith Ceramics

Yeah it's a very different material, I agree. I didn't find it particularly difficult to fit compared to the BAL mat but, the BAL mat is definitely stiffer (I think it has a mesh of some sort in it doesn't it?). Seems a decent product, I'll know a bit more when I start tiling on it tomorrow. So far so good. View attachment 80699

I agree bri,

Bal rapid mat is stiffer & has some sort of engineered mesh which gives it its durability and its lighter than any other matting I've used and easy to cut in around kitchen units, doorways etc....looking at the area your doing there looks a straightforward spread & roll which I found okay but just found it abit awkward cutting in with the tilemaster stuff around the kitchen & doorways.......

I started fixing on it today and it does bond well
but noticed the material fraying as I was working on it and I've only been on it a day......also found myself hoovering over it as I was moving from one area to the next as sweeping over it doesn't get all the dust etc up.......for these reasons I definately won't be using this product again.......can't knock tilemaster adhesives tho!.....I love the rapid flex & standard setaflex.........let us know how you get along fixing onto the stuff

L

LM

Has anyone used this yet?

Tile and natural stone laying

I just completed a large job with it and had to return to replace a few damaged tiles. That was a session I can tell you!
Imo this is one of the best uncoupling membranes I've ever used.

M

MW Smith Ceramics

Has anyone used this yet?

Tile and natural stone laying

I just completed a large job with it and had to return to replace a few damaged tiles. That was a session I can tell you!
Imo this is one of the best uncoupling membranes I've ever used.

Hi Lee,

No never seen that before.....looks interesting, what's the material like?.......and where do you purchase it from?......was chatting to another fixer today and he was recommending kerracoll anti fracture matting, didn't know they did one, I like to try different products.....what's the cost work out to per metre?

Cheers for the link

Reply to Tilemaster Anti Fracture Matting in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
A little help guys. I've been asked to price 71sqm of limestone flooring. My issue is this...
Replies
Views
Hi all! Just wondering what the best advice is for book-keeping? Been self employed now for a...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen