Search the forum,

Discuss tile supplier in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

nybor62

TF
Reaction score
went to pick some tiles up this morn, that a customer had ordered 460 x320
ceramic wall tiles ,when i got there sales man tried to sell me tubbed addy , wait a mo have you seen the size of the tiles, thats no good for these , i explained why so he gave me a price for powdered addy , which i thought was to dear . my point his had the customer being doing the job him self , he would,nt have known any better and just carried on regardless :thumbsdown:

A

Abstract tiling

i had something similar rob but the customer bought the addy it was evo stick i explained that they needed powder which i had at home. and to top it of the tile shop charged them 16 pound per tub ridiculous.

M

mikethetile

ive had the same, and they insist that its ok for the tiles, they also try to make out your being unreasonable

I think there must be an incentive from the sales reps they way they push tub at every oppurtunity

D

doug boardley

deffo lack of education imo, also they'll sell the tubbed stuff at full retail price to Joe Public:thumbsdown:

T

The Legend; Phil Hobson RIP

Get it all the time, "the guy in the shop said it would be OK":mad2:

D

diamondtiling

My mate has a shop and just will not stop selling tubbed adhesive to his customers, it does not matter how many times I point it out, he thinks I am picky and over reacting. It does not help that his business partner is a 'tiler' who uses tubbed for everything, even building out walls.

One day when a tile falls off a wall onto a customer in the bath or maybe a child he might start taking me seriously.

:prrr:

Reply to tile supplier in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen