Discuss Tile router- yay or nay?! in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

O

Old Mod

Says on that website yeah.

Oh ok!
To be fair I normally just drill a hole in a piece of MDF or Hardibacker first with whatever size bit I'm about to use.
Then place that on top of the tile, then fill the cavity with water, place one foot either side of the hole and usin the board as a template drill through!
Means u can drill right up to the edge of a tile and it not break out!

S

Spare Tool

Oh ok!
To be fair I normally just drill a hole in a piece of MDF or Hardibacker first with whatever size bit I'm about to use.
Then place that on top of the tile, then fill the cavity with water, place one foot either side of the hole and usin the board as a template drill through!
Means u can drill right up to the edge of a tile and it not break out!
That's a great tip, saves faffing around with a sucker guide, and plenty of water from the off

D

DemoXpert

Tried to by one on Sunday on eBay, all good and paid for, advert stated next day delivery. On tuesday, seller sends me a msg saying the one i'd ordered is out of stock, but could replace it with the 110v as opposed to the 240v that I ordered!... The heck is wrong with this guy?! Probably didn't occur to him, that if I wanted the other one I'd have had it ordered instead of the other one?! Advert stated 10 available, yet they couldn't deliver one!... Smh...

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK

Reply to Tile router- yay or nay?! in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi. I wonder if you can advise me. I need 4 inch hole drilled through the wall to install new...
Replies
Views
S
Hi, We have tried cutting some porcelain wall tiles many times to get a hole cut for pipes and...
Replies
Views
D
Hi all, newbie to the forum. Plasterer turned tiler a few years back, and have generally sailed...
Replies
Views
Handyeire
H
Hi, over the past few years we have got by using our DeWalt wet table cutter when cutting large...
Replies
Views
Concrete guy
C
M
Hi all Interested in views from the trade world about how I should deal with a big floor tiling...
2 3 4 5
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB