Tile Forum | America Tile Forum

Welcome to America Tile Forum, the USA Tile Industry. The Tile Association of America.

Discuss Tile Onto Asbestos Floor Tiles. in the Canada area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

M

moomarine

Has anyone got any advice for tiling onto asbestos type floor tiles which are well stuck down? Last time I came across these I took them up but this client wants them to stay put!! Cheers in advance!

T

Time's Ran Out

If they are well fixed and not moving I wouldn't go near them.
Tell him to call the removal people in.

R

Rizzle from the Portizzle

asbestors floor tiles ?got any picks never come across them before as far as i know

M

moomarine

asbestors floor tiles ?got any picks never come across them before as far as i know
Ray, I haven't got any picks but I'm there tomorrow so will take one if I remember. I'm not 100% they are asbestos it's just something i have been told in the past. They look just like vinyl tiles but apparently they can have asbestos in them. I'm not too fussed about that it's just if the tiles stay down ok when tiled on top of that concerns me.

R

Rizzle from the Portizzle

if they are stuck down with a black bitchemen adhesive the oil drys out of this over time and becomes
very brittle .the only way you will know is by lifting one .but find out if they have asbestors in them first .
and witch type it is .

macten

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
I did one couple of years back. 25m2 and I covered them all in a thin layer of SLC.

M

moomarine

I thought about slc but went with the sbr slurry. Went down a treat! Floor was bang on level as well and those old tile were not coming up at all! - touch wood!!

Reply to Tile Onto Asbestos Floor Tiles. in the Canada area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

Please note that this thread is old so replying to it may not get a response. You'd be best posting a new thread with a good 4 or 5 word title.
This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Apatel
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks