Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss Tile Onto Asbestos Floor Tiles. in the Tiling Advice | Tile Forum area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

M

moomarine

Please checkout the following advertisement.
Has anyone got any advice for tile onto asbestos type floor tiles which are well stuck down? Last time I came across these I took them up but this client wants them to stay put!! Cheers in advance!

OP
T

Time's Ran Out

If they are well fixed and not moving I wouldn't go near them.
Tell him to call the removal people in.

OP
R

Rizzle from the Portizzle

asbestors floor tiles ?got any picks never come across them before as far as i know

OP
M

moomarine

asbestors floor tiles ?got any picks never come across them before as far as i know
Ray, I haven't got any picks but I'm there tomorrow so will take one if I remember. I'm not 100% they are asbestos it's just something i have been told in the past. They look just like vinyl tiles but apparently they can have asbestos in them. I'm not too fussed about that it's just if the tiles stay down ok when tiled on top of that concerns me.

OP
R

Rizzle from the Portizzle

if they are stuck down with a black bitchemen https://www.tilersforums.com/forums/tile-adhesive/ the oil drys out of this over time and becomes
very brittle .the only way you will know is by lifting one .but find out if they have asbestors in them first .
and witch type it is .

macten

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
I did one couple of years back. 25m2 and I covered them all in a thin layer of SLC.

OP
M

moomarine

I thought about slc but went with the sbr slurry. Went down a treat! Floor was bang on level as well and those old tile were not coming up at all! - touch wood!!

Reply to Tile Onto Asbestos Floor Tiles. in the Tiling Advice | Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
05jtaylor
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock