Search the forum,

Discuss Shop Front Preparation. in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

F

Flintstone

I've got a shop front to tile in April, under the windows and up the sides, about 8m.
Can anyone suggest what might be the best thing to board it with so I can inform the shop owner to make sure it's done right prior to me going to tile it. I was thinking 12mm nmp?

O

One Day

12mm nmp would be ideal if you want a background which will absorb all the moisture it kind find!

I'd specify Wedi board or Kerdi board personally.

T

Time's Ran Out

If you board it how do you finish the edges?
What's there at present and if brickwork why not render and tile it.

F

Flintstone

I have no idea what there gonna do to the front it's having all new front so could be anything really.
Wediboard could be a good shout.

F

Flintstone

why not just use flexi rapid with a deep trowel ...frost resistant ...recomended for external work,,,why complicate things

I'm not complicating things, I'm also not fitting the shop front but at present there is two large windows which I assume there boarded underneath as there is some movement. unless there going to brick it up and render it this time, I'm not sure

Reply to Shop Front Preparation. in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Hi all! Just wondering what the best advice is for book-keeping? Been self employed now for a...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen