Search the forum,

Discuss Sealing and grouting polished porcelain floor tiles in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

S

sanorton

I’m in need of a bit of advice.

I’ve laid some 600x600 porcelain floor tiles in a kitchen and have just applied a coat of LTP MPG sealer, which I’ve buffed up and am going to leave overnight.

I’m not sure what to do next. Should I grout them and then apply another coat of MPG, or apply the MPG then grout? Or do I not need to apply any more MPG at all??

Also, what length of time do I need to leave between each step?

P

peckers

next carry out the grouting wait until its dry and then apply another coating of your sealer as you have just done this will seal the grout and keep it looking good. you will find the sealer wont soak into the tiles as well as it did previousley but treat it the same and remove the excess and buff off just like previous.:thumbsup:

T

tfs

I wouldnt bother spraying with grout and tile protector as you have just sealed it so theres no need at this stage.

D

david campbell

if they are from b7q they need the wax stripped from them with a tile cleaner prior to sealing

T

tfs

Vaild point made from david!

I would always recommend a good clean to prepare the porcelain, I would use something like grimex to clean all porcelain tiles prior to sealing.

Reply to Sealing and grouting polished porcelain floor tiles in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen