Search the forum,

Discuss Removal Of Granfix Grout From Porcelain Tiles in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

B

Bell

Grout Has Been Allowed To Dry On The Surface Of These Porcelain Tiles And Has Not Easily Been Removed By Hg. It Is Clear That Much Elbow Grease And Hg Will Work In The End But Is There An Easier Solution As The Area If Quite Large
Ted Bell

Y

youngcam

Hi Ted i`m not familiar with granfix grouts.
Does it have a flexible addative through it?
If so,and the tile are porcelain ,you should be able to use somthing thats slighty more abrasive.
Try using some soft fine sawdust under a cloth(slighty wet so the sawdust bindes)if that dont work try the same thing only with SOFT FINE SAND.
CHEERS

D

DHTiling

use a scotch type abrasive pad and plenty water to get the thick up then use lithofin cement away or similar to remove the rest of the film........dave..

Reply to Removal Of Granfix Grout From Porcelain Tiles in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Just seen Rocatex on uHeat.co.uk and thought hmmm that's a new one on me. Anybody used it yet...
Replies
Views
Hi All, I am wondering if someone would be able to help me out/explain something. We had a...
Replies
Views
Hi guys, I've had a bit of an issue on a job I've been doing recently. We finished tiling on...
Replies
Views
I could use some help from everyone! The floor mosaic tile was recently retiled over a tile-redi...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen