Discuss Pool Tiles - What should be done to prolong life of tiles- inground pool in the Canada area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

Reaction score
Hello

I have a 10mx4m pool (depth average 1.5m) which is now drained due to construction work. This pool was made in 2011 and is of good quality (no leaks etc). This is an inground pool which overflows into channels all four sides. Its middle east and lowest temp we have is 10C(though high is 50C).

I have a few questions - please help (I am not a pool guy - just a home owner so please be gentle)

1. Grout - The grout used was epoxy and is generally ok. Should i use a steel brush to remove dirt and try to apply a thin layer of epoxy again? I will not be able to get the required depth as recommended by epoxy grout (we have mapei available in this region). Or should i put silaxane type generously and let it go in and work its magic? With silaxane type thing work with epoxy grouts. maybe there is something else which i can use (which is available in middle east region)
  2. I am removing the 2cmheight sandstone(bad choice - sandstone near pool), because the grating made of concrete is totally dead(decomposed). I am planning to cut a 60cmx60cm tile into 3 parts and fix 2 on the outside and the middle one removable(without holes as I am guessing water will still pass).
Its very difficult to explain - so I have attached a lot of photos. I am looking for suggestion on grouting AND if my plan to replace the border tiles(the cream ones in photo) is workable.

Thank you

Attachments

• IMG_20210219_084124_429.jpg
    356.6 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_20210206_093521_601.jpg
    635.1 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_20210206_093527_420.jpg
    431.2 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_20210206_113335_441.jpg
    348.5 KB · Views: 15
Last edited:

Reply to Pool Tiles - What should be done to prolong life of tiles- inground pool in the Canada area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finias Coroama
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks