Search the forum,

Discuss outside corner in rectangle bathroom in the DIY Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Q

Qwerty

You will have to check if they do, but even if they are I will nearly always remove them. You can overboard onto the floorboards but you will probably find there are holes everywhere for pipes etc and boards are poorly fixed or warped. I perform full refits so I take up the flooring 90% of the time to amend plumbing

M

mr angry

here are some photos of floor and piping for radiator. how far down should i cut the pipe in order to put a bend on it? is my diagram ok for what i plan to do? my terminology is crap so please tell me exactly what parts i need. you will see from photo diagram of how my radiator is and the other diagram of my proposed look when ive sorted the pipework.

can i use plastic pipe on copper or just copper? is there a preference. i realise this is a tiling forum so im assuming some you you professionals tackle this type of thing everyday....maybe im wrong :/

should i replace the floorboards with a thicker plywood? my intentions were to keep the floorboard as it is 22mm thick and seems in a reasonable condition. my issue is what thickness should i replace the floor with and how thick a backer board should i use on top? is this the recommended way forward? can i use a thicker than 22mm plywood??

thanks in advance

cammy

IMAG0020.jpg IMAG0021.jpg IMAG0063.jpg IMAG0064.jpg IMAG0065.jpg IMAG0066.jpg IMAG0067.jpg IMAG0068.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
M

mr angry

hi guys,

ive tried to join the plumbers forum with no success.... if someone could alert the plumbersforum because ive tried everything! deleted cache, hostory blah blah blah1

i have used chrome, safari and firefox and i cant get the captcha thing to work. i even tried refreshing and still nothing...any ideas???

cheers

Last edited by a moderator:
M

mr angry

here is where my drain valve is in my dinning room :(

also, since i cant join the plumbers forum just now can someone advise on the best way forward for the u bend from bath? can i have the wast from bath go straight down and underneath floor boards with the u bend going straight into the pipe? or do i need to have the ubend above the floor line meaning i have a s shape trap as shown in photo with the waste going straight down adding into the pipework below floorboards. is there any pros/cons of having it above or below?

cheers

IMAG0073.jpg IMG-20180710-WA0006.jpeg

M

mr angry

i would also add regarding my copper pipe to query in the diagram above....is plastic pipe ok to join onto copper using pushfit if i have a combi boiler setup?

cheers

W

WetSaw

here is where my drain valve is in my dinning room :(

also, since i cant join the plumbers forum just now can someone advise on the best way forward for the u bend from bath? can i have the wast from bath go straight down and underneath floor boards with the u bend going straight into the pipe? or do i need to have the ubend above the floor line meaning i have a s shape trap as shown in photo with the waste going straight down adding into the pipework below floorboards. is there any pros/cons of having it above or below?

cheers

View attachment 99538 View attachment 99539

If there's too much fall before the trap it can end up being syphoned out , also it's obviously better if you have access to the trap for cleaning.

M

mr angry

If there's too much fall before the trap it can end up being syphoned out , also it's obviously better if you have access to the trap for cleaning.

please define how much the fall is? what is the tolerance before a syphoning effect happens? i reckon the distance from the bath to the connecting pipes below floorboards would be about 1 to 1 half ft max.

cheers

Reply to outside corner in rectangle bathroom in the DIY Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
10 Tiling Tips for Fixing Tiles to Bathroom Walls = From UKTilingForum.co.uk There are a few...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Hi all! Just wondering what the best advice is for book-keeping? Been self employed now for a...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen