Search the forum,

Discuss outside corner in rectangle bathroom in the DIY Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

M

mr angry

i have a scraper of all different sizes but this paint is for not coming off properly. some areas like you see in photo were ok....peeling off but others i would need to hammer and chisel it.

M

mr angry

hi when i tackle the floor will it be ok to use a 9mm marine ply with a 6mm cement backerboard? or just use a thicker marine ply?

cheers

M

mr angry

yes just floorboards. ive ripped up the 18mm plywood, not sure if its marine ply :/

can i get a 12mm marine ply and put a 6mm backerboard on top? do i need to use some sort of adhesive with the backboard if i do need it?

cheers

Q

Qwerty

I personally would remove all floorboards and lay minimum 18mm WBP ply and then overboard that. Dont mess about with thin ply, it doesnt comply with British Standards and it will fail

M

mr angry

do the floorboards not run underneath the walls and would it be more difficult to remove them? if i dont choose to remove the floorboards what would you recommend using on top of them?

cheers

Reply to outside corner in rectangle bathroom in the DIY Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
10 Tiling Tips for Fixing Tiles to Bathroom Walls = From UKTilingForum.co.uk There are a few...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Hi all! Just wondering what the best advice is for book-keeping? Been self employed now for a...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen