Discuss No damp course under quarry tiles in the Tiling Courses - Tile Workshops area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

jobdone

TF
Esteemed
Reaction score
15217331095401926961831.jpg 15217331521401404198860.jpg Can any give me some advice on how to deal with a problem with a floor in a Victorian house.
The quarry tiles have been lifted and the customer wants to keep the floors level when finished. Here lies the problem as insulation board and ufh (electric) is going down well which means excavating the screed which is only about 25mm then just rubble.
I'm thinking of removing floor plus rubble then sand blinding. Adding dpm insulation board then screeding.before adding insulation board heating cable and latex. I'm fine with all this the bit I can't get my head round is where does the moisture from the floor go? I'm concerned about it being pushed into the walls.
Long winded but I think I'm there. 15217331881632094920063.jpg

B

Bill

Try a liquid DPM over the existing base, this will help minimise height constraints. This should only add 12mm to 18mm from where you are now.

Bond

TF
Arms
Reaction score
A couple of thoughts, semi-dry screed. Or If it’s a smallish area, you could bed 600 x900 precast concrete paving slabs, tape joints and tank. Then add your insulation boards etc. ( not conventional l know).

Reply to No damp course under quarry tiles in the Tiling Courses - Tile Workshops area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dawz84
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks