Tile Forum | America Tile Forum

Welcome to America Tile Forum, the USA Tile Industry. The Tile Association of America.

Discuss niro granite help please in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

S

sstilingservice

Hi i am just starting out for myself and a bit nervous . just been round to my first potential customer to quote for a job . the tiles are called niro granite but look like porcelain am i right do they do granite effect tiles . just want to make sure i don't come across as a novice to the customer so could not um and ar to much the tiles look like granite but have a manufacture marks on the back which make me think they are porcelain would i be right in my thought's . granite will needed to be cut on a wet cutter and porcelain on my rubi any help / advise would be great nervous newbee tiler

M

MICK the Tiler

If they are stamped on the back then I would say porcelain as these are pressed clay, marble and granite are usually smooth on the back. But then again they could be reconsituted granite which would be pressed and would need wet cutting. Don't be shy if you don't know a particular material let the customer know try and cut one dry if it won't cut then make allowances for wet cutting. I've been doing this for 20+ years and still haven't seen every type of material let alone laid all types. I still see new types all the time.

S

sstilingservice

thanks mick they are pressed on the back which made me think they are porcelain but could not see anything on the box to verify my thought probably be fine its like you say their is a first time with any new material just a bit nervous about my first quote ( bricking it ) i think is probably closer to the mark ! just have to see what they think of my quote difficult trying to be competitve but not to cheap soon find out i suppose fingers crossed thanks for not making me feel a bit more confident
steve

W

wetdec

Niro Granite is a Swiss product manufactured in Malaysia and distributed in the uk by Pilkingtons. Its a high quality porcelain tile so should be treated as such.

You can find a data sheet in the pdf section

cheers

tiler

S

sstilingservice

hi wetdec thanks thats the answer i was looking for thought that was the case just questioning my self noow i just have to come up with a realistic price more uming and arring

R

Ronald Parée

Porcelain, technological stones, etc. can be cut on site dry with the right equipment!

Today even the 1200*600*11 or 12 mm tiles can be done (cutter length ca. 1350 mm! as well as full vertrified 14, 16 or 18 mm thick tiles

S

sstilingservice

Thanks for the help ( but have you looked at the date ) :8: have a beer for trying

R

Ronald Parée

I know\knew.
Today a got subscribtion to Tiling Forum only and "saw" your message.
Better a late answer (to you and all the others) than no (professional) answer!
A cold Grolsch (Dutch) beer would be appriciated!

Reply to niro granite help please in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

Please note that this thread is old so replying to it may not get a response. You'd be best posting a new thread with a good 4 or 5 word title.
This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
laattaana
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks