Search the forum,

Discuss nicobond tanking kit in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

D

ds1980

Just a quick question. Sorry im not that good explaining and dont have a pic.

Have an alcove with 3 sides that need tanking and a concrete floor, on the ground floor.

We are going to be making a one way gradient to a linear drain. Kit comes with a membrane sheet do i need to use this? Happy for belts and braces approach but just wondered.

Am thinking tanking straight onto the pre concrete floor, tape joints etc then put the concrete/levelling compound screed on top then re tank walls with the membrane going on the floor over the top? They tell me you can tile onto it but its like tiling onto polythene? apparently it has 2 sides one shiny one not is it going to be ok to tile on?

ta

F

faithhealer

not familiar with that kit but give their helpline a ring if you are doing it today. Nothing wrong with belt and braces though

D

ds1980

rang em yesterday mate got some stupid bird.....the pics show what to do but they then show a shower tray going on top??!?!?!?!?!? whats the point of tanking then!!! tiler swears by nicobond kit though but he's never used it either!

Reply to nicobond tanking kit in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen