Discuss Tiling Rates Per Square Meter / Per Day - How much do tilers charge? in the Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Dan

TilersForums.co.uk Est.2006
Staff member
NOT a Tiler
Tiling Rates Per Square Meter / Per Day - How much do tilers charge?

How much do tilers charge? Per square meter, or per day?

I know this is a hard one to answer. But just as an approximate guide for those searching for how much a tiler costs, and landing on websites such as my builder who seem to be selling tilers for pennies, how much you been charging either day rate or per meter generally?

Perhaps if you could split your work between your fancy stuff, and your bread-winning stuff over the past year or so, then do that so we can see the difference.

And then perhaps price per floors and per walls? If different at all.

Just wanted to get the facts straight for those searching, as £150 per day or £20 per meter isn't what I'd expect to pay anymore. It's not the 90's lol

Aaron Down

New to TilersForums.com
Hexagon tiling, 2 different sizes, approx 250mm and 100mm. Received quotes in East London ranging from £60/m2 to £100/m2 excluding addy, grout and trim.

OP
Dan

Dan

Staff member
NOT a Tiler
Thank you. Already helping out there because both of those are above what is being told to customers on other websites. So keep them coming and I'll try and average it out near the end and update the first post to reflect that.

Marka

Mark
I usually charge between £25 - £35 per m2 for labour only but it depends on the material and state of the floor or wall. If the tile is small and the pattern is complicated it changes again. We've charged as much as £55per m2 for 100x100 tiles. If you're working away the price needs to include your accommodation and money for food etc but that can vary depending on where you are (London is far more expensive) day rate is obviously less at home and depends on how many hours you do. I work on a day rate of £250 when I'm away and £200 at home but again it always varies. Hope that helps

OP
Dan

Dan

Staff member
NOT a Tiler
Thanks to those helping out in this thread. If you're not posting some price guides and just moaning I will be deleting your posts politely. :)

Please enable / Bitte aktiviere JavaScript!
Veuillez activer / Por favor activa el Javascript![ ? ]