Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss Tiling Rates Per Square Meter / Per Day – How much do tilers charge? in the Tiling Advice | Tile Forum area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

United Kingdom

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Please checkout the following advertisement.
tile Rates Per Square Meter / Per Day – How much do tilers charge?

how-much-do-tilers-charge-per-day-square-meter.jpg

I know this is a hard one to answer. But just as an approximate guide for those searching for how much a tiler costs, and landing on websites such as my builder who seem to be selling tilers for pennies, how much you been charging either day rate or per meter generally?
Perhaps if you could split your work between your fancy stuff, and your bread-winning stuff over the past year or so, then do that so we can see the difference.
And then perhaps price per floors and per walls? If different at all.
Just wanted to get the facts straight for those searching, as £150 per day or £20 per meter isn’t what I’d expect to pay anymore. It’s not the 90’s lol
Tilers replied to our thread here.
How Much Do Tilers Charge?
Is it per square meter or per job or per day rate?
It appears to be a bit of a post code lottery perhaps. So we thought we'd get a bit of a thread going to see what others charge and why.

How much do Tilers Charge?

Last edited:
OP
Dan

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Thank you. Already helping out there because both of those are above what is being told to customers on other websites. So keep them coming and I'll try and average it out near the end and update the first post to reflect that.

bsc ceramics

TF
Arms
Reaction score
I'm £35/40 for general stuff obviously more for stone/natural but usually price a job as I see it. day work at £200 plus materials

Marka

TF
Reaction score
I usually charge between £25 - £35 per m2 for labour only but it depends on the material and state of the floor or wall. If the tile is small and the pattern is complicated it changes again. We've charged as much as £55per m2 for 100x100 tiles. If you're working away the price needs to include your accommodation and money for food etc but that can vary depending on where you are (London is far more expensive) day rate is obviously less at home and depends on how many hours you do. I work on a day rate of £250 when I'm away and £200 at home but again it always varies. Hope that helps

andreas

TF
Reaction score
Herefordshire area,usual ceramics and porcelains 28£m2(thicker than 10mm 30£m2),stones 35£m2,(thicker than 15mm - 40m2),mosaics 35-40£m2 ,if area is tricky (a lot of cuts I go for day rate -200£ , prep ,levelling etc also at day rate. Usually customer gets fixed cost for labour on quote and estimate for materials( if required)

Reaction score
It also has a lot to do with how you trade, sole trader domestic, Contacting sole or group,so many variables. I truly believe this industry is in grave danger of falling apart. The demands of the tiles, substrate, size, quality of prep,the list is endless. I have been asked to quote for 9 flats, 18 bathrooms, Balbone 2 easy, include all materials, trims the whole gig. total m2 is 150m2 Oh by the way no drawings showing elevations. The buyer ( who has not a clue ) informs me that its just tile mate. As I say the industry has changed some what. Anyhoo back to the point, rates my end are from £38 to infinity and beyond. (see what I did there?) Job by job basis. My father who was a tiler many moons ago used to cost the whole material package, I mean all of it and double it, then add 10%. Its a system, It would work well with porcelanosa materials.

Pauly

Reaction score
Hi as a rule I tend to charge per M2 for larger jobs as there are less cuts so £25 to 30 depending on the tile type..small fiddly bathrooms ect or areas with lots of tools cuts and trim then it's a day rate around £175..any wall or floor prep work tile removal is charged £150 per day materials all on top of this. hope this helps

Reaction score
Mainly do everything on mtr rate £30 mtr plus materials unless its a days work like a 2/3mtr kitchen which would then be done on a day rate. min 180 plus materials)

Reply to Tiling Rates Per Square Meter / Per Day – How much do tilers charge? in the Tiling Advice | Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
05jtaylor
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock