Search the forum,

Discuss Natural stone tiles laid onto ply, not drying! in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Q

Qwerty

Ermm does this adhesive come ready mixed in a bucket ?

Oh dear. I googled "Wickes flexible adhesive" and up popped a bagged cement adhesive. Weird!......hence why I suggested it being out of date or contamination.

Good news is that it is more than likely all still wet, so may be salvageable to be re-fitted with a cement bagged flexible adhesive. No tubbed adhesive is suitable for floors Im afraid. Sorry

Good luck

T

tarkett85

screwfix also sell mapei adhesives and grouts you can order online or drop into a store or buy BAL adhesives from Topps, i do agree the sub-floor should have been changed prior to fitting with cement board if possible, primed then fitted preferably with ditra matting as it uncouples the tile from subfloor which helps prevent cracking from excessive movement. Also what room temperature are you fitting the tiles at as that can have an effect on the adhesive also

Reply to Natural stone tiles laid onto ply, not drying! in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi, I am planning on tiling my concrete garage floor with porcelain tiles. The concrete was laid...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Replies you've not seen

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside.