Search the forum,

Discuss Matt tiles - how do I get the white residue off after grouting - stressed... in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

J

John the tile

As it says lads....

Im stressed, I keep cleaning them and it keeps coming back, Is there a product one can buy from the tiles shops.... please say yes,.....

R

Rich

How long ago did you grout?

Is the residue coming off when it is wet but coming back when it drys off?

If so, it may be that you are just spreading the grout residue around with the sponge. You need to use crystal clear water and a clean sponge, then wipe one tile at a time and rinse the sponge out after every single wipe. Its a boring job but makes the world of difference.

If however the grout is set on the face of the tile you will need something a bit more drastic.

J

John the tile

yes the grouting is dry and finished now.. I went over the tiles with a clean sponge bit by bit.... when wet it looks amazing haha but within 30 mins there is the usuall thin dusty residue that grouting leaves behind, only this time you cant wipe it away with a clean cloth or your finger.... so im thinking as their matt finish mayby its in the surface??

So what is the drastic option please..............

R

Rich

Oh poo, you will need to get yourself a cleaner. Do you have a Tile Giant near by? If so pop in there and have a word with them, they should be able to give you the chemical muscle you need to clean them up.

2020Tiling

grout haze remover mixed with clean water. u can add it to your clean water before or after you rinse off to help take away the haze.

Reply to Matt tiles - how do I get the white residue off after grouting - stressed... in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I've got an AKW Tuff form shower tray with a waste that is 10mm above the tray when fully...
Replies
Views
Hello there, Relatively recently we had a new en-suite fitted (complete rip out of the old...
Replies
Views
Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen