Discuss Marble effect install in the Canada area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

Reaction score
Hi all.

I am preparing to install my first marble effect tiles and I have seen them installed two ways before. 1 random and the other with the veins lining up and running through in a pattern. I’d prefer the latter but not sure whether you need to pre sort the tiles or whether they are boxed in such a way that the next tile from the box should line up with the one before (if that makes sense) i suppose once I get started it will become clearer just haven’t had the delivery yet so thought I’d try and get ahead of the game with some of your advice.

Attachments

• BF6BD455-0DF1-4CAC-A751-F0F768E62A76.jpeg
    116.3 KB · Views: 18
  • F3974622-68BA-422A-9417-12A63F6ADA32.jpeg
    30.1 KB · Views: 14

Boggs

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Normally to get the effect of the second image you need book matched/large format tiles.
It will be difficult/impossible to get the same effect with 600x300.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Boggs is right. It's impossible to follow a grain throughout the wall unless you are specifically buying tiles that do it.

Firstly, don't try and sort natural effect tiles unless you want a pile of boxes and chipped tiles. They are off-set laser printed tiles.
The best thing to do is to work out of 4 boxes at a time and mix up. You might find that you have pattern repeats on 1/6 or 1/12 depending on quality. If they are of lower quality, you'll find quite a few repeat patterns. Switch them, or fix them 180 degrees as far away as a same tile (depending if the calibration is good).

Reply to Marble effect install in the Canada area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finias Coroama
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks