Search the forum,

Discuss Large Format Tiles on slightly uneven SLC in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

S

skymole

I have been converting a room into a bathroom/wetroom.
Floor is suspended with ply, wediboard & ufh.
I have just done a Mapei Fiberplan SLC pour to cover the heating mats.

I have been checking the levels today and the floor isnt as even as I'd hoped :( - there are low points, the worst of which is about 5mm. (using a 7ft straight edge)

The proposed tiles are 600 x 400 flamed granite.
The area is about 16 sq metres.

I was wondering what the best aproach would be now.
Could I use a preliminary tile adhesive coat to take out the worst of the low areas - this would obviously mean feathering to nothing?

Any help greatly apreciated
Thanks
sky

Attachments

• 1.JPG
    75 KB · Views: 146
  • 2.JPG
    61.5 KB · Views: 149
D

DHTiling

Hi and welcome..

Just feather the low spots in with some Flexi adhesive, then tile once set..

D

dilz000

as above, Just done something very simular, your adhesive will cover it, just make sure tile is level after :]

Reply to Large Format Tiles on slightly uneven SLC in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen