Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss Experience with extra large format tiles 36"x72" porcelain tile in the Tiling Advice | Tile Forum area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

United States of America

AnneKw

-
Reaction score
Please checkout the following advertisement.
Hello, I am a homeowner living in the Metro Vancouver area in British Columbia. I am currently visiting tile stores to figure out what tiles to use for my bathroom reno. It will be a complet gut and replacement. It's a smallish bathroom 7ft x 8 ft and I plan to convert the tub into a walk in shower with a curbless shower. One contractor that came to provide me with a quote suggested 36"x72" porcelain tile for the shower walls ( shower area is 60x32 inches with an 8 foot ceiling). He suggested this since I mentioned that I wanted to minimize grout maintenance. He mentioned that his tile setter has worked with this tile size but I do plan to request for client references who have chosen this tile size. I found a marble design from a neighborhood tile store that I like but I am getting some advice that this size may not be a good idea. I was told that there is high incidence of cracking and the labour and materials are substantially expensive compared to let's say 12x24 or 24x24 inch tiles which are more common sizes in my area. I was also told that most tile setters have never worked with this size on a shower wall so the workmanship may be lacking. Could anyone in this forum comment if this is a good idea and what questions should I be asking the contractor to assure me that he will do a good job? He said that he offers 1 year warranty.

AnneK

Reply to Experience with extra large format tiles 36"x72" porcelain tile in the Tiling Advice | Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
flooringdemand
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock