Search the forum,

Discuss Is It A Bad Tiling Job? in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

T

Tianqiang Situ

Hi, please can you help me on this, I think I have a tradesman done a bad wall tile job on our bath room wall, the house is a new build, only build last year, our bath room was only half height wall tile, so we want to increase the tile up to the ceiling and install a shower mixter tap, the wall is completely flat. I think the tiler put the tiles a bit uneven, the joints space dose not match the orginal space, (the tile are the same as the orginal one), the gouting dose not look good, it spread out of the joints, I spoke to the tradesman, they said is normal, there is nothing wrong, I am not too sure about this, please can anyone advise me, photos attached. Thanks

20151121_162634.jpg 20151121_162710.jpg 20151121_162727.jpg 20151121_162829.jpg 20151121_162853.jpg 20151121_163038.jpg 20151121_163056.jpg 20151121_163133.jpg 20151121_163211.jpg 20151121_163218.jpg 20151121_163302.jpg 20151121_163320.jpg 20151121_163433.jpg 20151121_163444.jpg 20151121_163528.jpg 20151121_163556.jpg 20151121_163649.jpg

T

Tianqiang Situ

Probably could have spent a bit more time cleaning the grout joints.
Hi thanks for your reply, the grout look much worst when he finished the job, he did not clean the grout when they are wet, I called him back the next day, he remove some grout with a hard brush, and he said ok. My biggest problem is the joint space not match, they are not in a straight and some of the tiles are a bit uneven. Can you tell from the photos?

W

White Room

If he didn't clean the grout until the next day then he on a hiding to nowhere trying to put it right.

T

Tianqiang Situ

If he didn't clean the grout until the next day then he on a hiding to nowhere trying to put it right.
I don't quite get what you mean. I did a tiling with my friend before, surely the grout need to be cleaned nicely when they are wet, not when they get dry. I am paying £200 labour only for tiling a 4.5 squre meter flat wall, surely the standrad should not be this poor, is that right?

I

Ian

I don't quite get what you mean. I did a tiling with my friend before, surely the grout need to be cleaned nicely when they are wet, not when they get dry. I am paying £200 labour only for tiling a 4.5 squre meter flat wall, surely the standrad should not be this poor, is that right?
Yes that is what whitebeam is saying, the grout should have been smoothed off and cleaned whilst it was still wet, any dust should be polished off the tile face when the grout has fully dried.

T

Tianqiang Situ

Yes that is what whitebeam is saying, the grout should have been smoothed off and cleaned whilst it was still wet, any dust should be polished off the tile face when the grout has fully dried.
Thanks for your reply too, any suggestion what I should do next? he said he has done nothing wrong, I am very unhappy, I am wondering if I can get a surveyer to give a reoport, to show if this is a up to standard job or not?

M

MW Smith Ceramics

I would condemn that work, looks really rough, doesn't look like spacers have been used, different size joints, tiles lipping and grout looks like it's been put on but then obviously in a hurry when washing off!......a truly terrible mess in my opinion, sorry to have to say it but for a pro tiler that ain't up to scratch

M

MW Smith Ceramics

Thanks for your reply too, any suggestion what I should do next? he said he has done nothing wrong, I am very unhappy, I am wondering if I can get a surveyer to give a reoport, to show if this is a up to standard job or not?
I wouldn't pay until it has been rectified to a professional standard, I think you have every right to be unhappy with the work looking at that finish

Reply to Is It A Bad Tiling Job? in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

The trustpilot reviews for tilers-world are excellent, but there's not a huge number of them...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen