Search the forum,

Discuss im i guilty or not first time refused payment in 10 years in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

robbbin

TF
Reaction score
As others have said with appliances and worktops check them first

With none payers if they refuse for some micky mouse reason.... tell them you got 24hrs or I will sell your debt to a debt colector who has a way of dealing with the problem ......worked for me

B

bootsmckiber

If she's trying to rip you she won't budge,easy to say be calm but when you know someone is purposely trying to rip you it's sometimes hard to keep one's cool,tell her to pay for your material or your taking it back,then systematically,but calmly start popping tile,I'm sure she might come to some sort of an arrangement,yeah,yeah,Dan,Dave,and a few others,I can hear you across the pond,"fault,fault,unprofessional"yeah maybe,but there's more at stake when someones blatenly ripping you off,like integrity,if you walk away from that calmly you can bet you'll be the smiles and chuckles at teatime,A tile supply guy in town tried to rip me off once and it was his design that was at fault not my tiling,but I'd forewarned him that 20 inch tile would look good in a bathroom where the wall to tub was only 32 inch,but he said that's the way he wanted it,when the customer didn't like it he refused to pay me so I had to make a scene,a big scene(remember I've got 8 kids to feed)but I was ready to drop him in front of a store full of customers but the cops came in and "calmed"things down,I live in a fairly small town and have a good reputation so this guy ended up losing way more than if he would have payed me,it wasn't the first time he'd pulled this on a setter,no one had ever called him on it,I put the leins on the property but time goes on and sometimes you have to cut your losses,like I said his losses and reputation took a big hit ,but to each their own,good luck,don't worry about calm,keep your integrity and reputation in check,that's what will land you the jobs,Mike:incazzato:

M

Mr Tiler

yes and still no answer! think I will have to start reading these posts backwards as I can no longer deal with not getting the final outcomes!

M

Mr Tiler

cam.... nearly went for this one mate haha...

dgadg.jpg

C

charlie1

Don't you just love it when you find out after 2 pages that the thread is 3 years old!!! Grrr

M

Mr Tiler

sorry Charlie there is a lot of knowledge in these old pages that's why im always flicking through... I should maybe not bother commenting on them in the future lol

Reply to im i guilty or not first time refused payment in 10 years in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen