Search the forum,

Discuss How to stop this cutting problem in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

Reaction score
I'm cutting 10mm thick porcelain and have cut three tiles this morning (600mm) and all three have chipped.
How can I stop this happening?

IMG_20180411_101629.jpg

Wishiwasatoptiler

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
I had similar the other day with my sigma, 600x300 porcelain, put it down to not applying even pressure across the whole score as it occurred only near the edge and that seem to fix it, maybe one of the other lads with more sigma experience and help us both.

F

Flintstone

Common problem which I’ve never managed to find a reason to. But as above, if the cut is big enough, snap it over your leg or put it on a flat surface with a nail or alike under the score line at one end, only a bit and push down on the tile

Andy Allen

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Had this a few times from what I have found out is it's due to the tiles being over fired which makes them brittle, another batch of the same tile may cut perfect with no issues...

Reply to How to stop this cutting problem in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I have moved into a new house and want to tile the downstairs bathroom walls. Its not a big room...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Hello, I'm just a home owner who doesn't have much experience with tiling but I'm looking for...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm new to the forum and fairly new to tiling, my only previous "proper" job was my recent...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen