Search the forum,

Discuss How to get shower tray into recess? in the Tanking and Wetrooms area at TilersForums.com.

Reaction score
if the tray is 25mm smaller then fit it tight to one side, then get moisture resistant plasterboard and dot & dab it to the opposite wall, also fit the sealer strip to the tray and tank the walls.

Reaction score
956962ED-1F0A-4CAE-8383-6D60E53FE1D4.jpeg
Just fit it like this one I have just pulled out :D

Reaction score
I had the same query last April (2018). I wanted to put a 90x90cm ceramic base into a newly made (green plaster board) cabinet. I made sure the cabinet was exactly the size of the ceramic tray. In my case the tray needed to be 14cm off the floor.

A friend is a Paris-Dakar rally competitor with some neat kit. So I borrowed his hydraulic jack (13cm deep) fitted four of the ajustable legs into the cabinet area, set the height, then gently rolled the jack, carrying the ceramic base, into the cabinet. Checked the position and released the air gently lowering the ceramic tray onto the legs... perfect... I'm amazed at how smoothly and easily the whole operation went...:)

Reaction score
Put the tray in tight against the squarest corner and pack the 3rd wall with board, either dot and dab or double thickness if tacked. I’d use a waterproof tiling board like orbry but plasterboard would do. Tank before tiling.

Reaction score
you should have a rubber/flexible strip stuck to the wall sides of the tray, it's about 75mm deep with a very sticky film on the bottom half of one side, to stick to tray, to make a waterproof joint. then stick the top half to the walls, with silicon, then recommend tanking the walls

Reply to How to get shower tray into recess? in the Tanking and Wetrooms area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen