Search the forum,

Discuss How much of the wall should I tank in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

M

monkjack

Hi all, I'm going to be fitting a new shower. I've read plenty of advice on kerdi vs liquid membrane etc etc, but one question I don't see being asked is how much of the wall should you do - lets say my bathroom is 3m by 3m and I'm putting in a 900mm Quadrant. How much of the two walls that touch would you waterproof - just the bit behind the shower and a "bit more" ? If so, can't the water go "around" the matting/membrane then?

M

monkjack

So what happens to any moisture that's caught. Does it just trickle down to the (now waterproof) floor and sit there until it evaporates?

M

monkjack

Now I'm confused. I was under the impression I waterproof - walls and floor - then fit tray on it, tile down to the tray.

macten

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
So what happens to any moisture that's caught. Does it just trickle down to the (now waterproof) floor and sit there until it evaporates?

Moisture will just evaporate - If there's water trickling down behind your tiles then you've got problems!

Reply to How much of the wall should I tank in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
10 Tiling Tips for Fixing Tiles to Bathroom Walls = From UKTilingForum.co.uk There are a few...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen