Search the forum,

Discuss How do you tile down to and around the shower tray? in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

K

Katie*

The shower tray is in, it has been set with sand and cement mix and silicon between shower tray and walls (it's rectangular).

How do I set the tiles at the edge of the shower tray on the floor? I have purchased Mapei's jasmine sealant, do I just put that on the edge of the tile and down the side of shower tray? Do I still add grout?

What about the wall tiles? Do I do the same as with the floor?

Thank you!!

J

jollyroger

Hi Katie, as above but I would seriously consider tanking the walls in shower area before tiling. Is it plasterboard walls ?

K

Katie*

Hi Katie, as above but I would seriously consider tanking the walls in shower area before tiling. Is it plasterboard walls ?

Hi Jollyroger, thanks for the tip! We have BAL bond SBR primer, so I guess we need to buy some waterproof tape and liquid? Can you recommend what we should get?

Thank you!

J

jollyroger

Mapei shower waterproofing kit would be my choice. The kit comes with primer, tape and liquid membrane. Place a tile on the wall and let it rest on the shower tray, using a pencil, draw a line all around the tray then mask off the tray to protect it. The tape has a fold line which goes into the corner so you can cut the tape with scissors depending on your tile thickness. So prime first, then bed in the tape with the liquid membrane. Then tape the vertical corner and apply the liquid membrane to the walls and you are good to go.

Reaction score
Exactly as above, and once the walls are tiled silicone to the internal corners and around the shower tray. The Homelux matting is also a very good tanking system but can sometimes be a bugger to work with.

Reply to How do you tile down to and around the shower tray? in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hey. I doing my first walk-in tiled shower. The shower is 4’x8’. Most of the floor is covered...
Replies
Views
Hi, A newcomer here and thank you to anyone with the patience to read my drivel. I am...
Replies
Views
This is a rather novice question I admit, but I would appreciate some advise. My tiler has...
Replies
Views
I've got some matt white ceramic tiles that have gone grey on the shower wall. Presumably water...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen