Search the forum,

Discuss Hardiebacker fixing?? - Hardiebacker Advice in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

U

Unregistered

Hi. I would usually fix hardibacker with stud but I can't in this case as the boards will come out to far over the already fixed shower tray. So my question is 'Can I fix them with tile addy and if so whats best to use? Cheers in advance Ross

G

grumpygrouter

Hardiebacker in my experience is not flat and requires mechanical fixing to help pull it straight.

B

bigandy

i can answer for grumps(i hope thats ok grumps). he simply means screws which will pull any slightly curved boards back in line with studs whereas an adhesive would only stick it in the shape of the board

A

Alberta Stone

I know that PL premium is a good adhesive for sticking CBU (it is a polyurethane subfloor adhesive and comes in the large format caulking tubes).
I typically use it on the corners as it is waterproof and strong.
Down side is the long drying time, although it will adhere to damp or even wet materials.
I also run a bead on the stud if there is no vapor barrier as it bonds the board really tight when used with screws.
When dry the job rings like a bell when tapped rather than rattle.
You should use spf when bonding it as a subfloor.

M

malcolml

hardi-backer say glue and screw and you can tile straight away they say 6mm for floors when used with 2part flex and 12mm for walls..send for fixing guide or
e-mail www.JamesHardieEU.com
free phone 0800 068 3103 for tech

M

marc1106

hey malcolml 6mm on floors and 12mm on walls, sounds back to front doesnt it :santa_cheesy:

Reply to Hardiebacker fixing?? - Hardiebacker Advice in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I've got an AKW Tuff form shower tray with a waste that is 10mm above the tray when fully...
Replies
Views
Hello there, Relatively recently we had a new en-suite fitted (complete rip out of the old...
Replies
Views
Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen