Discuss Gloss ceramic floor tiles: how easily do they scratch? in the Best Floor Tiles area at TilersForums.com.

I

Ian

GRR, I've fitted these a couple of times in recent months and an honest opinion is, they are very good value for the money, but they are very soft. I did a complete bathroom walls and floor a bit like the picture and that will be ok as its not really a high traffic area but a dining or kitchen floor would not be a good idea IMO. I dont think it would be very long before chipping appeared.

S

SandyFloor

Felt pads are the way to go,Liz. If you had any other floorcovering (apart from carpet) you would need to use them. I have oak in my living room and everything has felt pads and not a scratch (yet)

After reading the other posts I should add I have porcelain in the kitchen/dining room with no additional pads on the chairs/table and not a mark anywhere.

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Gloss ceramic floor tiles: how easily do they scratch? in the Best Floor Tiles area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Had my bathroom floor done a year or so ago and noticed for a while now that one of the tiles...
Replies
Views
O
Hi All As above how do you remove 8m2 of gloss paint from a plastered bathroom wall(easily) I...
Replies
Views
Aston
A
I wonder how many failed floors have come from diy'ers watching this video? How many thousands...
Replies
Views
mattle40
M
Hi Guys, Got another kitchen install coming up and am tiling the floor which was covered with...
Replies
Views
The growing popularity of “Thin Porcelain Tile” Now that industry professionals have coined a...
Replies
Views
Rizzle from the Portizzle
R

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB