Discuss Gloss ceramic floor tiles: how easily do they scratch? in the America area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

D

Deleted member 9966

I've seen some tiles in B&Q (don't groan) and I fancy having them for down in my dining room. Only problem I foresee is that they are shiny gloss and I just wonder if they'll get scratched by dining chairs and vertically challenged friends in killer heels.

any views people? :grinningelf:

D

Deleted member 9966

glazed ceramics Neale. the Illusion range that look like emperador marble. CJ Ceramics fixed a load in a conservatory last year.

G

Gazzer

You could put felt pads on the chair and table legs and tell your friends take of their shoes !

D

Deleted member 9966

these ones
Illusion Mocha Marble Effect Ceramic Wall & Floor Tile Beige (W)36 x (L)27.5cm, 5010921432588

Last edited by a moderator:

kilty55

TF
Arms
Reaction score
2 reveiws on that page out of 4 liz say the tilers advised against laying on floor as they thought they were not up to it.

not sayibng they are not but maybe ask cj if he has laid them what his opinion is as hes worked with them

i mostly lay ceramics in bathrooms and if its kitchens i advise porcelain for any high traffic area

I

Ian

GRR, I've fitted these a couple of times in recent months and an honest opinion is, they are very good value for the money, but they are very soft. I did a complete bathroom walls and floor a bit like the picture and that will be ok as its not really a high traffic area but a dining or kitchen floor would not be a good idea IMO. I dont think it would be very long before chipping appeared.

T

tfs

Hey GR, Tile Giant sell a glazed/ polished porcelain called Kimberly which is a similar kind of look. They are very well priced too for porcelain it is by far the cheapest porcelain that they do. Maybe you should check it out!

Kimberly Polished Porcelain - Polished Porcelain - Floor Tiles

:thumbsup:

A

Aston

they will be wrecked in no time with dining room furniture being dragged back and forth.
felt pads are an option as stated above...id personally save your money long term and buy porcelain tiles

ed

S

simmy08

they are very soft. Used them on a mates kitchen floor but advised against it. He went ahead anyway. Ill do him the favour and replace the ones that are now chipped. i had to lift a few during grouting..argggh. Didnt notice they were chipped until they were down (very hard to see) until the grey grout hits the chip. Would again advise against using them on any floor job

S

SandyFloor

Felt pads are the way to go,Liz. If you had any other floorcovering (apart from carpet) you would need to use them. I have oak in my living room and everything has felt pads and not a scratch (yet)

After reading the other posts I should add I have porcelain in the kitchen/dining room with no additional pads on the chairs/table and not a mark anywhere.

Reply to Gloss ceramic floor tiles: how easily do they scratch? in the America area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alex Carr
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks