Search the forum,

Discuss fast setting grout in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

B

burncross

just completed a kitchen floor today (24 sq/m), gone to grout this morning, customer wanted brown, could only get non flexi grout in this colour but need to be flexi, so put additive in to make it flexi, both were weber. grouted for about 10 mins at most , come to wash it off and it had dried solid to tiles,had to scrub tiles!! then went to grout other half of floor, and the grout was even going off in the bucket !
first time i've used a 2 part grout....... is this normal for it to go off so quick? :furious3:

B

Benny

Sounds a bit quick but the floor temp will set the grout on the surface if it is hot and the air temp will set the grout in the bucket, I would give the manufacturer a call to check its not a dodge batch.

Also might sound like a daft question but you did add water to the add mix didnt you?

D

DHTiling

Latex can accelerate the setting time of grouts.......did you mix it neat or with water as well..?

W

wetdec

You should be using mapei ultracolor then, up to 20mm, range of colours and flex all in one bag.............TOP TOP stuff:thumbsup:

tiler

B

Branty

You should be using mapei ultracolor then, up to 20mm, range of colours and flex all in one bag.............TOP TOP stuff:thumbsup:

tiler

Still rapid though.
If you're not used to it, you can have the same problem. But a good grout though.

D

Droopy

The same thing can happen with Nicobond's addys and grout when you add their Enhancer 2002.

You shoud carry emulsifying pads wth you. They are a god send when that happens.

I use those Raimondi sponges, with the emulsifying pad on one side now. They make washing of modified grouts much easier.

A

aardvaarktiling

weber's ad230 and grout mixed together is tricky stuff to use, i would have used their weber joint color range which has a brown colour in it, its flexible and just add water rather than using an additive suitable for wall and floors.

i've got a job coming up in Sheffield, where's the best place to buy materials from?

P

pjtiler

weber's ad230 and grout mixed together is tricky stuff to use, i would have used their weber joint color range which has a brown colour in it, its flexible and just add water rather than using an additive suitable for wall and floors.

i've got a job coming up in Sheffield, where's the best place to buy materials from?
stokes on the moor

B

burncross

i get mine from either 'nick firth tiles' - they sell BAL & weber or 'the tile store' they sell granfix, both do excellent deals for trade

Reply to fast setting grout in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi guys, I've had a bit of an issue on a job I've been doing recently. We finished tiling on...
Replies
Views
Hi all, Will I be setting myself up to fail if I use the Dunlop CF-03 Flexible Fast Set Tile...
Replies
Views
Hi I have a wetroom tray on timber floor. We have an impey shower tray and tanking membrane...
Replies
Views
Tiling my en-suite was part of a larger build project. The builder subcontracted the tiler who...
Replies
Views
Help! Advice needed please! I am in the middle of a bathroom renovation that my partner is...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen