Tile Forum | America Tile Forum

Welcome to America Tile Forum, the USA Tile Industry. The Tile Association of America.

Discuss Envelope cuts with a curved wet room screen in the Canada area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

Chalker

TF
Arms
Reaction score
As the title suggests, normally with a curved wet room screen I would advise mosaics . But the customer wants the floor tiles running into the tray.
Has anyone any ideas how to do the cuts?

A

aphilp

Chalker

If you do not receive the relevant advice tonight, give me a ring tomorrow and Greig will help you.

Best Wishes

Anne

L

lizzardtong

yes you can but it will require few cits from screen to drain. and it woildnt look good i think. as you will have 2 cuts on one side and 5-10 on other side.

cut a curve in a cardboard i one point it will be level in other it will be below level and you will have to compensate that with cuts.

thats what i think i might be wrong

Last edited by a moderator:

beanz

TF
Reaction score
Interesting. I've only done a couple of wetrooms, and not come across this yet, so very interested to hear how you deal with this!?! ;)

C

charlie1

Ok, best I can think of is just envelope cut as normal but mount the screen with its most outer part within the fall.

Reaction score
Done a few with mosaics one side and large format the other.
Image057.jpg IMG_7977.jpg IMG_6979.jpg
It will be tricky getting the cut right first time.

L

lizzardtong

u will have problem with levels. u will have to use showel to apply selant and rake to spread it :D

AliGage

TF
Arms
Subscribed
Reaction score
Can't say I've done one but have just done a wetroom with seamless screen but into the floor.
I would probably approach this the same and cut the shape/curve out of the tray. Once your "top" level is boarded you'd have a flat surface to mount the screen to.

Reply to Envelope cuts with a curved wet room screen in the Canada area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

Please note that this thread is old so replying to it may not get a response. You'd be best posting a new thread with a good 4 or 5 word title.
This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
laattaana
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks