Search the forum,

Discuss Envelope cuts with a curved wet room screen in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

Chalker

TF
Arms
Reaction score
As the title suggests, normally with a curved wet room screen I would advise mosaics . But the customer wants the floor tiles running into the tray.
Has anyone any ideas how to do the cuts?

A

aphilp

Chalker

If you do not receive the relevant advice tonight, give me a ring tomorrow and Greig will help you.

Best Wishes

Anne

L

lizzardtong

yes you can but it will require few cits from screen to drain. and it woildnt look good i think. as you will have 2 cuts on one side and 5-10 on other side.

cut a curve in a cardboard i one point it will be level in other it will be below level and you will have to compensate that with cuts.

thats what i think i might be wrong

Last edited by a moderator:

beanz

TF
Reaction score
Interesting. I've only done a couple of wetrooms, and not come across this yet, so very interested to hear how you deal with this!?! ;)

C

charlie1

Ok, best I can think of is just envelope cut as normal but mount the screen with its most outer part within the fall.

Reply to Envelope cuts with a curved wet room screen in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views
Hello there, Relatively recently we had a new en-suite fitted (complete rip out of the old...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm new to the forum and fairly new to tiling, my only previous "proper" job was my recent...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen