Search the forum,

Discuss En suite wet room install in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

J

junkie

The man arrives. Im at work at the moment but i did a diagram and photo'd it see last pic with dimensions on but yes the former is going where the stud wall is, the joists run from door wall to outside gable end where the drain will go to. I was going to put the former from stud wall to door basically approx 1100 x 800 as big as i can. Yes ufh on the whole floor including shower floor. The diagram is nearly to scale for a pretty good idea of the room.

J

junkie

Looking at the Tuff2 grp base i see its 22mm thick and can span joists without underboarding, does this include the waste trap and so can it be installed easily as the other one, the type that dont need cementing in?

Also how would i then do the rest of the floor, i have chipboard down but it says i need to ply over with 12mm i think on wooden substrate, this would then give me an uneven floor?

I am ready to order stuff as well i just need to know which stuff to get.:lol:

J

junkie

Wow I didn't realise it had been so long since I started this project.

Unfortunately I had to put it on the back burner due to financial issues, nearly been made redundant in the process but all has been sorted and I can continue once again.

The room is exactly the same as per pics on page 1 except there is no floor at all.

Decided on everything and I shall keep this updated to show the finished article, as I'm sure lots of advice gets given out but not too many people post up the finished room.

I'm going to order the wetdec kit consisting of

Tuff2 tray former
Dura wp
UFH
Egg pod style toilet and basin
Thermostatic shower mixer with fixed head
Build in shelving/false wall style
Fully tile in travertine
Obligratory towel radiators
Ceiling spot lights

So a few more questions arise.

Firstly apologies for not ordering previously wetdec and I forgot how much tanking I need, how high to go and is the wp ok for the floor and does it also need to cover the former or is that already built onto the former?

With travertine is this a good choice for a wetroom, I see it needs maintenance regarding sealing?

Wetdec could you please give me a price for the former and tanking again please with and without the UFH.

Much appreciated.

Reply to En suite wet room install in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
https://www.tilersforums.com/threads/shower-bath-tiling-preparation-plaster-and-wooden-windowsill...
Replies
Views
Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views
Hello there, Relatively recently we had a new en-suite fitted (complete rip out of the old...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I've laid some Arditex NA over the kitchen floor area (not under cabinets. The area is...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Replies you've not seen

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside.