Discuss En suite wet room install in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

W

wetdec

Thats ok always better from the horses mouth :smilewinkgrin:

I'l take a look later fr you m8 :thumbsup:

J

junkie

Brilliant mate much appreciated, i just want whats best for my situation as all these "kits" dont seem to fit my needs, without costing the earth, should also mention the floor to ceiling is 2.2m.

J

junkie

Looking at the Tuff2 grp base i see its 22mm thick and can span joists without underboarding, does this include the waste trap and so can it be installed easily as the other one, the type that dont need cementing in?

Also how would i then do the rest of the floor, i have chipboard down but it says i need to ply over with 12mm i think on wooden substrate, this would then give me an uneven floor?

I am ready to order stuff as well i just need to know which stuff to get.:lol:

J

junkie

Well from looking into stuff i need to remove the whole floor, add in the tuff2 grp tray span the joists. 5m floor dura ci kit and 10m wall kit, is the offer still on for the 5m wall kit. Then also ply the rest of the floor with 22mm. Whats the best price you can do for me please and does it include a drain waste trap.

J

junkie

Wow I didn't realise it had been so long since I started this project.

Unfortunately I had to put it on the back burner due to financial issues, nearly been made redundant in the process but all has been sorted and I can continue once again.

The room is exactly the same as per pics on page 1 except there is no floor at all.

Decided on everything and I shall keep this updated to show the finished article, as I'm sure lots of advice gets given out but not too many people post up the finished room.

I'm going to order the wetdec kit consisting of

Tuff2 tray former
Dura wp
UFH
Egg pod style toilet and basin
Thermostatic shower mixer with fixed head
Build in shelving/false wall style
Fully tile in travertine
Obligratory towel radiators
Ceiling spot lights

So a few more questions arise.

Firstly apologies for not ordering previously wetdec and I forgot how much tanking I need, how high to go and is the wp ok for the floor and does it also need to cover the former or is that already built onto the former?

With travertine is this a good choice for a wetroom, I see it needs maintenance regarding sealing?

Wetdec could you please give me a price for the former and tanking again please with and without the UFH.

Much appreciated.

D

DHTiling

Hello and welcome back..

Look forward to updates on how you get on and maybe just maybe a few pics..:thumbsup:

J

junkie

Thanks dave and Jesus that's the highest post count I have ever seen on any forum. Not sure which way I see that, is that good or bad haha.

J

junkie

Just researching the travertine tile weight on plaster issues on here and I'm slightly confused.

The new Walls I am putting in will be ok as they will be bare plasterboard, where I'm confused is the existing dot dab Walls which are skimmed and emulsioned, is the weight issue with the tiles if they are mounted directly onto the emulsioned plaster or is it possible to use the dura wp on these to "spread" the load over the wall?

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Just bumping some of the older popular (sometimes not so popular) threads. Probably wont be current discussion these days but I just need to do it. So just ignore the thread if it's not current for you.

Reply to En suite wet room install in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Hi all! Just wondering what the best advice is for book-keeping? Been self employed now for a...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

Replies you've not seen

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lowpaul22