Search the forum,

Discuss En suite wet room install in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

J

junkie

Just researching the travertine tile weight on plaster issues on here and I'm slightly confused.

The new Walls I am putting in will be ok as they will be bare plasterboard, where I'm confused is the existing dot dab Walls which are skimmed and emulsioned, is the weight issue with the tiles if they are mounted directly onto the emulsioned plaster or is it possible to use the dura wp on these to "spread" the load over the wall?

Reply to En suite wet room install in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
https://www.tilersforums.com/threads/shower-bath-tiling-preparation-plaster-and-wooden-windowsill...
Replies
Views
Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views
Hello there, Relatively recently we had a new en-suite fitted (complete rip out of the old...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I've laid some Arditex NA over the kitchen floor area (not under cabinets. The area is...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Replies you've not seen

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside.