Search the forum,

Discuss Drilling porcelain tiles... in the DIY Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

G

GaryM

Can anybody recommend drill bits for a porcelain tile?
I’m looking to drill around 10 x 6mm holes and 2 holes to pass 10mm plastic pipe through.

Also what’s the best way to cut a 117mm hole into the centre of a porcelain tile for an extract fan?
I’ve done it before using an angle grinder and tile nipper but that was with a ceramic tile.

Thanks all

macten

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Just use angle grinder again - nipping and filing is tougher on porc but use the extractor as a template and you'll see you don't have to make a real tidy job of it as there's usually loads of leeway - I've done it before where cutting a hexagon out with the grinder has been fine.

W

WetSaw

Rubi wax filled bit for the angle grinder. It'll do the 6mm holes ( or buy a 7mm and normal 6mm once you're through the tile ) . You can use that same bit to "grind" out a bigger hole. For the extractor just use the angle grinder

O

Old Mod

Pro Tiler Diamond Hole Cutters (Dry Cut) M14 Fitting | Amazing Prices of Hole Cutting to Buy Online | Pro Tiler Tools - https://www.*******************/categories/tile-cutters/hole-cutting/pro-tiler-diamond-hole-cutters--dry-cut--m14-fitting

I’m sure Sam @Pro Tiler Tools can advise you.

Reply to Drilling porcelain tiles... in the DIY Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Hi all! Just wondering what the best advice is for book-keeping? Been self employed now for a...
Replies
Views
A little help guys. I've been asked to price 71sqm of limestone flooring. My issue is this...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen