Discuss DIY wet room floor and tanking advice please? in the America area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

A

anothergit

Hi any help and advice would be much appreciated.

I am not a tiler or plumber and would like to install a wet room in my en-suite, it is on a first floor and has timber floor, I am going to have to put some glass screening in to stop water splashing over onto the bedroom door and floor as it's a smallroom. Approx 2.5m lng by 1.5m wide

There is a lot of helpfull info here maybe too much!! Can anyone suggest a suitable floor former, i've been looking at Wedi or Marmox, but have heard point compression could be a problem, I would be using standard size tiles not mozaic etc. I would like to know others profesional opinion on these.

I have one stud wall and a solid wall to tile onto in the shower zone, what would be the suggested tile backer board to use and what tanking system to use. I've used Mapei tileing adhesive and grout before and found them very good and easy to use, is their tanking system suitble? Would you recomend their adhesive and grout for a wet room area. I know powder products are better than premixed products.

I suppose i'm looking for idiot proof products, I would like to do it properly so am not necessarily looking for the cheapest products but if something does the same job for less i'd like to know about it.

All and any help would be much appreciated.

regards Andrew:smilewinkgrin:

Reply to DIY wet room floor and tanking advice please? in the America area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dawz84
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks