Search the forum,

Discuss Diagonal tiling skewed? in the America Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Reaction score
I asked my tiler to layout my tiles with diagonal grout lines. He has done half of the floor but I have spotted a problem. To my eye the opposite corners of the tiles should be parallel to the bath. Look at where the bath panel would meet the floor. It badly runs out. This is a square bathroom so this should have been possible. I didn’t specify to the tiler as I thought it would be obvious. Do you agree? Thoughts please!
ED41EC7E-82AE-4F8C-8342-C6D4BBA9CE62.jpeg

Reaction score
Thanks! Here is a photo of my own set out the way I asked for it to be done.

69C08F3A-258D-4027-BC83-536CAF48D110.jpeg

Tiler agrees he messed up. He has pulled the tiles up but there’s dry rapid set adhesive all over the fibre cement board sub floor.

Can you tile over dry tile adhesive? I don’t want to replace the subfloor as it is glued and screwed to the floor joists and was expensive stuff (STS 22mm tongue and groove fibre cement board). The primed surface has been spoiled. Maybe a screed?

Thanks!

Reply to Diagonal tiling skewed? in the America Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hello I'm new to tiling my first flooring job it's 42sqm in 600x 200 floor tiles (wood effect)...
Replies
Views
I just set new porcelain 8 x 8 tile in my rear entryway (3 ft x 3 ft area). I love the results...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm tiling the floor of a wetroom and would like some advice on the best way to lay the...
Replies
Views
Hey. I doing my first walk-in tiled shower. The shower is 4’x8’. Most of the floor is covered...
Replies
Views
Hi I asked the Wunda technical department if I can just use a Ditra mat only and not the SLC...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen