Discuss Diagonal cuts on manual cutter in the Tile Cutters (Manual & Wet Cutters) area at TilersForums.com.

W

Werz

Hi guys
I'm planning on doing some manual diagonal cuts with porcelain glazed, 600x600x10mm tiles. Problem I'm having is 95% of the tile snaps correctly along the score line but wonders off the line just before the end. This means I'm ruining one half of the the tile. I'm doing envelope cuts for a wetroom so would like to keep both sides of the cut. Anyone know how to keep the cut line all the way along?

L

LM

Hi
I've got a large sigma cutter. I was planing on cutting the tile down the score line then carefully polishing 1mm off both pieces to make the 2mm grout line. Ive got these diamond grit polishing pads, which im told shpuld do the job. Will have wait and see if that works. First step is to do the diagonal cuts.
Have you a close up picture of the tile? A Sigma usually wouldn’t struggle with this type of cut providing you have scored adequately and have the height adjusted correctly. What model of Sigma is it? Is this a diy project?

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Diagonal cuts on manual cutter in the Tile Cutters (Manual & Wet Cutters) area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Beginner DIY Tiler, I'm contemplating drilling (with ceramic tile carbide tipped drill bits)...
Replies
Views
Hi, i'm undertaking all of the tiling in our project. I have two different types of 600mm tiles...
Replies
Views
I have a room 3m X 8m , which has a change of direction at about halfway down the room 8m side...
Replies
Views
Hi, I am planning on tiling my concrete garage floor with porcelain tiles. The concrete was laid...
Replies
Views
Hello, Just joined the forum and am hoping to get some advice on a project. I live in San...
Replies
Views

Popular Tile Cutter Threads

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB