Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss Dark grout, white sealant in the Tiling Advice | Tile Forum area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

Reaction score
Please checkout the following advertisement.
Hi, just had a tiler put some white metro tiles with grey grout in our first house. We are a disappointed with the white sealant - see photos. We appreciate that it may be tricky to do dark grout and white sealant. Is this the best we can hope for? Should we not have picked grey grout?

20210506_154849.jpg

20210508_112828.jpg

20210508_112816.jpg

20210508_112753.jpg

Reaction score
Well firstly, who did you get to do your tiles? They appear to be poorly placed,.especially in the corner. However the problem with very dark grout against white is it shows up EVERY imperfection. It seems as though the grout was not allowed to set fully before the sealant was added or not brushed to remove any loose Grout debris. Only advice is to remove the sealant and ensure their is no loose grout and re seal

OP
B
Reaction score
Well firstly, who did you get to do your tiles? They appear to be poorly placed,.especially in the corner. However the problem with very dark grout against white is it shows up EVERY imperfection. It seems as though the grout was not allowed to set fully before the sealant was added or not brushed to remove any loose Grout debris. Only advice is to remove the sealant and ensure their is no loose grout and re seal
Thank you for your response. I did think the corner placement didn't look quite right, but obviously relied on the tiler knowing what they were doing. It's too late now, but how should the placement have been?

And I'll see if I can get the tiler to remove the sealant and re seal.

Reply to Dark grout, white sealant in the Tiling Advice | Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
flooringdemand
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock