Search the forum,

Discuss CornerTape in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

E

enduro

Has anybody used this yet, it looks really good. The only thing that puts me off is 80 pence per metre, soon adds up in a big room.

W

Woody123

One of the other guys on here has used it and said it was well worth the money if maybe your inexpierenced or are crap at siliconing!!! Raja if i remember correctly....?
Think i might give it a go if i can get the cusdtomer to shell out for it. Agree with you think it's a bit pricey but if it finish's your job of perfectly then it could be well worth the money!:yes:

G

Gazzer

Ran this product past a builder today, gave him a price ........How much!!!!! I dont think he has stopped laughing yet.

I

infidel

Big Smudge, the bit i found 'fiddly' was trying to get the paper covering off the metal tape to apply it. Maybe I've got fat fingers though.!!!
But as I said it gave a lovely neat finish & didn't allow silcone all over the wall & bath edge.

B

Big-Smudge

Big Smudge, the bit i found 'fiddly' was trying to get the paper covering off the metal tape to apply it. Maybe I've got fat fingers though.!!!
But as I said it gave a lovely neat finish & didn't allow silcone all over the wall & bath edge.

Hi Infidel,

Was that at the beginning of the roll? i.e just getting it started. If so, we will be speaking to the guys at the factory cos i think that the rolls should be supplied with the backing paper sort of folded back by about 10mm so its easier to get it started. Its a bit like trying to find the end of a roll of sellotape (sometimes). After you'e used the tape for the first time it dosn't happen after that.

If the above is not what you meant then let me know.

I'm very pleased that you (and your customer) got the finish that you were looking for, if you have any close up pics of the job that would be great. Email then to me. :thumbsup:

Best regards
Andy

B

Big-Smudge

Has anybody used this yet, it looks really good. The only thing that puts me off is 80 pence per metre, soon adds up in a big room.

Hi Enduro

Have a look at the new post about cornertape,:thumbsup:

Best regards
Andy

R

Raja

Used the 6mm corner tape and the 2.5mm corner tape

Can't fault it have said it b 4 and wil say it again and again and again and again :lol:

Finally sounds alot of money for 25 mtrs but i remember i did 4 jobs where i used about 4sq mtres of it and still got loads left

Really does finish the job off

M

morkri

Hi,
I've tried it and it really does the trick. Spend the time reading the instructions and it's easy.
Found this on youtube:
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hxqFMPAZBPE]YouTube - CornerTape2009 55sec Spot[/ame]

Reply to CornerTape in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hello, I'm just a home owner who doesn't have much experience with tiling but I'm looking for...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I've laid some Arditex NA over the kitchen floor area (not under cabinets. The area is...
Replies
Views
Hey there Firstly thanks in advance for any replies or comments. I've got a tiler in atm who...
Replies
Views
Looking for some technical advice on these tiles please. Our installers fitted this CaPietra...
Replies
Views
Hi guys, I've had a bit of an issue on a job I've been doing recently. We finished tiling on...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen